We are guided by our Mission and Values
According to the Dayton Regional STEM School’s Founding Principal Brian Boyd, “Our School’s Mission – ‘to prepare students with the skills necessary to compete in the global economy while nurturing in our young people the same enthusiasm for discovery, invention and application that launched the vision for powered flight’ – is inspired by the Dayton region’s history, and is aimed at ensuring our community’s future success.”
This Mission is realized through a number of instructional strategies shaped by the following values:
- The School will serve as a dynamic teaching and learning community linked to the strong history of innovation and cutting-edge research conducted in the Dayton region.
- Students and their families – along with community, educational institutions, and business/industry/research partners – will be active and full members of the learning community.
The School will support students as they:
- Engage in a seamless, inquiry-based, individualized learning experience dedicated to using STEM across a liberal arts curriculum to solve problems
- Set goals and work to obtain the skills, knowledge and experiences that will position them for future success, particularly in the STEM disciplines
- Participate in authentic real world experiences with practicing scientists, engineers and technical professionals at WPAFB’s Air Force Research Laboratory and other research/industry sites
- Participate in challenging and accelerated opportunities to demonstrate content mastery, as well as earn college credit while in high school, as an important springboard to every student attending college.